Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Last in the Tower


This is going to be a series like my untold stories. I just hope that it will not meet its fate like the other one did. I can't promise this to be as good as 'my' best posts which came earlier but with time and material I hope this to get better (provided I write regularly). So keep visiting. Here you go..

Why does it happen that when you wait(shall I say dream) for something for long time, it never come your way and then one fine day when you are bored of trying and are least concerned about the outcome the things miraculously fall in place as if fate want to tease you See See what the heck do you think of yourself, I am the one who is powerful and can make you move whatever way I want you to. And suddenly you lose the fun of achieving it. In some way I think I fight with myself a lot.

I have 'somehow' received a final covert for IIMB PGSEM program.  I feel my preparedness and seriousness toward the exam was zilch. Even I can shamelessly confess my only contribution for the selection this time was me paying the application fee a day before closing day of application and attending written/interview during weekend to get a feel of doing something worthwhile for once in a while and to interact with new set of people. Oops.. I forgot to mention a lot of thinking too on whether I should be paying application fee or just drop the idea.

Fate of written test -  Lazy attempt during written. Even I was sitting idle for last 5-7 minutes after the examiner called stop writing. Not because I am great fan of ethics but just disliked the idea of being CAT'ish and marking answers till invigilator snatch the answer sheet. Things may have changed in recent time on CAT because of shifting from OMR to computers as per NEWS items, so new terminology have to defined ;). Anyways,much lower attempts around 60-70 out of 100 in 2 hours. I am not trying to sound modest, but paper itself is quite easy. Regular CAT aspirants can attempt even 80-90 or can go 100/100 in 2 hours. Interview call totally unexpected.

Final Convert expected but for a change this time performance was totally unexpected. Wrote half page essay for given topic, not because I couldn't write full page or more. I am proud of my paper filling capability, but then didn't want to torture the IIM profs by making them read something of no values. What are these blog pages made for. :P

I was last one to be interviewed. Gave all my negative points along with answers to their questions so that profs/Alumni shouldn't be in doubt at all to know my current standing and let 'them' decide rather than myself decide whether I am fit for the course or not :P

I talked like never before during interview(later I did wondered how I spoke so much in spite of high anxiety/nervous and neophobic nature) , at one point I felt I am not giving Alumni and Prof to even complete the question and kept talking. More on interview later. Not sure what clicked in my favor but final verdict selected.

Now comes the fun part. Never ever in my dreams I thought I will re-think (not even think) about something coming my way from Indian Institute T or M(read T for Technology and M for management). Even have stalked on any odd jobs from T&M. I suppose I was not only one of such kind but there are lot many T&M obsessed soul :P. But suddenly lots of doubt came up when I saw OFFERED status, which made me re-think if I should actually do the course or not. More on apprehensions later. I guess I have to think on word like re-think too if there are word like that. :P

This post was just to give the background information and can be called preface or author note. haha.. I am good at making mountain out of mole. ;-)

Story matter lies in future. Funny Friday and Super Saturday waiting for me and can just hope that it will not last more next 2.5 years. You will know at later stages that it was not funny and super I intended here.

P.S. : Ideally you should be wondering what the 'last in tower' has to do with the blog matter . Its my usual practice of picking weird topics and building stories around it. 

P.P.S : If you were able to last till this line and looking for more posts. Do leave a comment asking for it if the gap between my posts are longer, as sometime I keep pushing thing till as much time as I can. Procrastination I say. 

To Be Continued.. 

P.P.P.S : A word of caution : Do not take this as an example to decide on the difficulty level of the exam or admission process as most easiest because what has been piece of cake in my case won't be easy for you. Average GMAT score needed is 710+ and average CAT percentile required to get the interview call is roughly 97+ percentile as per current batch. Also, average work experience is around 7.5+ years. So in case if you replicate my case and can't get entry don't come looking for me. :D